Sacred Water OR Holy Water as it is more commonly known. In this Sacred Water Tutorial I will take you through my process of infusing water with the energy of the Moon.
- Choose one of the following vessels: A blue or green glass container, or a Silver Cup, or a crystal bowl (i.e. Quartz/Geode, not lead crystal) honestly if all you have is a quality glass bowl this will be just fine.
- A sealable bottle made of dark colored glass. If you plan to store your Holy water for a long period of time choose a dark colored sealable bottle. *Repurposed wine bottles work well. You may also want to purchase a nice look growler for storing large amounts of this water. There are some really nice ones on the market and they have a good seal.
- Salt (Sea Salt, Gray Salt, Pink Salt, etc.)
- Silver (it can be a ring, chain, etc. OR if you use a silver vessel you will not need any additional pieces of silver.)
- Cheesecloth and/or piece of black cloth *This is optional and can be used to cover your vessel if you are unable to close it. Use the cheese cloth while your vessel is out under the moon, and use a piece of black cloth to cover your vessel when you put it away during the daylight hours.
- A Mirror
- A table of some sort. It can be an Altar or just a sturdy flat surface
- A black table cloth
- 5 Candles & a lighter
- Wash your water vessel and storage bottle really well. Mine are dishwasher safe so through the dishwasher they go.
- Use baking soda and a little water on a soft cloth to clean your piece of silver really well. Seriously, you want it to shine.
- Next rinse your glass, mirror, and silver with salted water. 2C water and 1T salt, dissolved.
- After the sun completely sets, each night: Place your table outside where you know the moonlight will directly hit it. Specifically at midnight when the moon is highest in the sky.
- Cover your table with your black cloth and place the mirror right side up in the center of the table.
- On top of your mirror place your vessel filled with water. *Now I know there is much debate out there about what kind of water to use. Honestly use what you have. If you can drink it, its good water. This whole process, as long as you will it, will make your water Holy, as intended.
- Around your vessel & mirror place your 5 candles.
- Now here is where you will want to say something epic and significant. Yeah… don’t we all. Instead of making a fuss about memorizing a long speech, try focusing on the purpose of your water. Focus on the value of the moon and the power she offers. Think of how the moonlight will shine through the water infusing it with all the powers of the moon. If you prefer to put pen to paper, go for it! I am an “off the cuff” kind of girl. I let the words flow as the Goddess intends.
- As you think and speak, drop in your silver piece, and begin lighting your candles.
- Take a moment to soak in the moon yourself. Visualize how the moonlight will permeate you as well as the water.
- Cover your vessel with cheesecloth if you like and leave the moon to her work. Seriously go have a glass of wine and relax.
Through persistence, I found the honest answer… I can have both! I realize that I could forge my own path using the skills and knowledge I gained, and the simplest of techniques.
I love food and everything that goes with it. I have spent more than 35 years in the kitchen, enjoying every minute. Okay… well, enjoying almost every minute of it.
In addition, I have disbursed nearly as many years studying Wicca, Witchcraft, and Paganism. Combining these two interests has created a Magickal path where I combine food and spirituality. To my delight they play brilliantly together.
My love of whole healthy foods, and unique recipes has also lead me to help run a local teen cooking program, where I teach kids valuable life skills in the kitchen. In addition, I teach a variety of cooking classes for adults and covens on subjects ranging from making the time spent in the kitchen more enjoyable, to cooking together as a group, and recipe-spell creation.
It only made sense that I would begin writing and sharing my experience. From this, The Magick Kitchen was born. My journey with you is about developing a spiritual experience with food, far beyond the dull habit of consumption. We have a marvelous opportunity here to take a most mundane task and make it Magickal!
The Magick Kitchen is about connecting to Divinity through food and the ritual of preparing and sharing food. It is about developing a sacred balance between nourishment, ritual, and spirit. Food has the power to heal, sooth, and bring us together as friends, families, and community.
I am so glad you joined me! Sharing knowledge, experience, and personal perspective with you is an honor. Thank you!