Sometimes called the Hunger Moon, the Ice Moon, and Snow Moon… among other names.
This particular moon is ideal for introspection and working on goals toward personal growth. The Spell work below is a great start to any self-growth or improvement endeavor. It is also a time for acknowledging and accepting personal responsibility.
February is a wonderful opportunity to really dig deep. Many of us have made traditional secular New Year’s resolutions. To deepen your commitment to personal growth and change take this time, under the February Full Moon, to dig deep and gain your foot hold for long term change.
Full Moon Tea Ritual
Intention: Perform during the February Full to induce prophetic dreams that lead to personal growth.
When to perform: during the February Full Moon
Tools, Supplies & Correspondences:
Jasmine Tea (Green Tea with Jasmine works fine)
A teapot or cup to brew your tea
A tea cup to drink from
This can be done indoors or out. Please note that the moon light should be touching you as you drink your tea.
- Gather your supplies and set up the area where you will be conducting this ritual. Decorate your area with candles and other ritual items as you see fit.
- Measure the appropriate amount of tea for you to drink. You can make an entire pot or one cup if you like. As you measure your tea reflect on the area or areas in your life where you need growth, clarity, and/or reflection.
- Heat your water to the appropriate temperature to brew your tea
- Brew your tea (3-5 minutes). While it brews, close your eyes and sit with your hand over the pot or cup. Count from 10 to 1 slowly as you take in very deep and slow breathes. In your mind’s eye visualize the following:
In front of you, see yourself as you are. Feel how you are currently feeling as you seek growth and accountability. Go into as much detail as you can. Feel your emotional need to make positive change in your life. Feel the excitement of positive change as it is about to take shape.
Next, see a person standing next to you. This presence is cloaked in a bright fog and he/she appears to be offering you his/her hand. As you take this being’s hand you realize this being is you, only more grown, and matured beyond your current stage in life. You being to feel what it feels like to be at ease with who you are, and who you will become. You are at rest in knowing that through your hard work you will achieve the wonderful things you set out to achieve.
- When you fully feel comforted, motivated, and energized through your own realization, send this energy into your pot or cup of tea. Feel this energy flow from your feet up through your body, into your hands, and through your fingers as it fills your cup or pot with intention.
- Take your tea and sit in your prepared location; where the moon light will touch you, and sip your tea. Drink it slowly allowing all the energy you placed within to be absorbed into your taste buds, body, mind, and spirit.
This working is meant to be enjoyed. So indulge in every sip. This should also help relax you so when you sleep you can dream. You may not remember your dreams clearly, but they will guide you as needed, when the time is right.
As you will it, it shall be.
I invite your feedback. Tell me what you think.
How has this post helped you, and if you were inspired. I love to know what my readers are up to, and how you put my thoughts and experience to use in your world.
If you have any suggestions on subjects for future posts, give me the scoop! I’m listening. Don’t forget to subscribe to my mailing list so you don’t miss future posts!
Bright Blessing and Happy Full Moon!
© 2015, The Magick Kitchen
I love food and everything that goes with it. I have spent more than 35 years in the kitchen, enjoying every minute of it. Okay… well, enjoying nearly every minute of it.
In addition, I have disbursed nearly as many years studying Wicca, Witchcraft, and Paganism. Combining these two interests has created a Magickal path where food, spirituality play brilliantly together.
My love of whole healthy foods, and unique recipes has also lead me to help run a local teen cooking program, where I teach kids valuable life skills in the kitchen. In addition, I teach different cooking classes for adults on subjects of making the time spent in the kitchen more enjoyable and efficient, recipe creation, and how to make cooking a part of your Magickal and spiritual practice.
From this, The Magick Kitchen was born. My journey with you is about developing a spiritual experience with food, far beyond the dull habit of consumption. We have a marvelous opportunity here to take a most basic-mundane task and make it Magickal!
Please enjoy the recipes, article, and content here on The Magick Kitchen. If you have questions or suggestions, I’m listening.
I am so glad you joined me! The personal act of sharing knowledge, experience, and personal perspective with you is an honor. Thank you!